This award appears to be a chain award to help spread your blog to new readers. Which is amazing, because I love connecting with new readers.
The rules are:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
Questions for me to answer:
1. What are your favorite blogs?
(The School Counselor Blog and Jyjoyner Counselor are definitely two of my favorites, but I feel like everyone already follows them religiously, so I'm going to list 5 additional ones)
emyselfandi (This blog is written by my cousin, and while its not a counseling blog, she is a teacher, and she writes amazing real life posts of what she is living on a daily basis.)
2. Why did you start blogging?
A couple years ago, I began reading school counseling blogs and they gave me such great ideas to use in my program. I learned more from other counselors through blogs, than I had anywhere else. So, I also wanted to be able to share a few of my ideas. Keeping my blog helps keep me energized and creative.
3. What advice do you have for others who are just starting out with their own blog?
My advice is to keep the ideas flowing! It can be very hard to keep up with posts and write often enough that readers will keep coming back. However, on the bright side, this is what encourages me to stay creative and energized in my program.
4. Why did you decide to work as a school counselor?
I love children. I wanted to be able to help kids who are struggling at home and at school. I want to be one person in their life that shows them love and can help them problem solve and be the best they can be. We are helping our future and it is a very meaningful job.
5. What are your favorite things to do outside of school?
Read. Some close friends of mine meet once a month for book club and its a lot of fun. I love getting together with friends to have "crafting" Pinterest parties. I also love the water (beach, pool, or lake doesn't matter!)
6. What is the best part of your job?
The best part of the job is the relationships you develop with the kids. Simply being a friendly and caring presence at the school, greeting children in the mornings, giving them hugs, and asking them how they are doing creates a trust bond with students where they are willing to come and share their life with you. It is very rewarding to help kids live happier lives.
7. How many years have you been working in a school?
This will be my 5th year as an elementary school counselor.
8. If you could only have 5 books in your office which ones would you choose?
9. If you could live any where in the world where would you live?
I went to graduate school in Missoula, MT and would love to head back west. I think I would really enjoy living on the northwest coast, Seattle, possibly.
10. What is your favorite memory of a teacher from your childhood?
I'm actually going to have give just a general answer to this one. I don't really have one specific teacher or one specific memory that really stood out for me. I just remember loving school. I was also excited to go to school. I had a great little group of girl friends and our school was very small town with a homey feel. Now, I am at an elementary school in the same county I grew up in.
11. What is your #1 go to resource at school?
Pinterest..... does that count??
I use most of the Julia Cook books/workbooks each year.
I love the Explosive Child, by Ross Greene, to recommend for parents.
Blog I nominate for the Liebster Award are:
Nominees Questions to Answer:
1. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
2. How do you use technology in your counseling program?
3. What is your #1 go to resource at school?
4. If you could only have 5 books in your office which ones would you choose?
5. What are your favorite school counseling blogs?
6. What are your favorite blogs that are not work related?
7. What small group resources do you find most helpful?
8. What book are you currently reading?
9. What is the best part of your job?
10. What apps do you recommend?
11. What do you do to "sharpen your saw"? (what do you do for fun?)
Thanks for participating! I think this is a wonderful way to get more blogging traffic!